ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Position is for hands on, physical system administrator in the Oakland area.
- Hardware deployment and maintenance
- Linux, VMware ESX, and some Windows administration
- Solving problems and anticipating problems before they happen.
- Networking configuration and troubleshooting
- Automation and Scripting Languages. (Bash/Perl/Python)
- Security and Monitoring
- Account Access Management
- Helps manage the day-to-day operations of the data center by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Performs troubleshooting as required utilizing problem-solving skills.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical systems.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of computer operating systems and utility software. Provides server support related to other software.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Develops procedures, programs, and documentation for backup and restoration of operating systems, services, data, and applications.
- Configures and deploys new data center systems to meet engineering specifications in a timely manner.
- Monitors the data center environment.
EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Must be willing to commute to 720 2nd Street, Oakland, CA 94607 for onsite work.
- Must be comfortable administering hardware: racks, power, cabling, chassis, blades, hard drives, switches, routers, etc. – including the installation, maintenance, and repair. Will include lifting gear into rack with mechanical lift.
- Must have VMware ESX host experience
- Must have Linux (Ubuntu) administration experience
- Competitive Salary – Negotiable depending on experience
- Health, Vision, and Dental
- 160 hours PTO
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location